SENCO Job Description - May 2017.docx
Manor Teacher Application Form 2017.doc
Responsible to: Headteacher and Governing Body
Grade: MPS / UPS + SEN allowance
Manor School in Didcot are looking for a SENco from September 2017.
Apply if you are:
- A strong teacher with a proven track record of success and leading a team.
- Looking to join a school at an exciting time of growth and improvement.
- Keen to forge strong new relationships with our senior leadership team.
- Passionate about supporting vulnerable learners.
- Believe that all pupils should be given access to high quality teaching.
- Keen to develop your leadership skills through empowering teachers and support staff.
- The kind of person who delights in and celebrates the success of others.
Manor is a founder member of OPEN (Oxfordshire Primary Education Network), a group of 5 local primaries. We have converted to academies in a way which allows us to retain our individual autonomy whilst coaching each other towards the best possible practice.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the strategic development of the schools Special Educational Needs (SEN) provision.
- Have general oversight for the day-to-day operation of the SEN policy with the aim of raising SEN pupil achievement.
- Line-manage specialist support staff, ensuring all members of the team uphold and demonstrate the school values.
- Have the opportunity to share expertise, experience and enthusiasms gleaned from his or her career to date with other teachers.
- Use excellent teaching skills to model and coach existing teaching teams regarding SEN support in the classroom.
- Communicate with external professionals, staff and parents, co-ordinating support for SEN pupils.
- Contribute to, and learn from, our long-term commitment to positive values.
We welcome applicants who have:
- A track record of high level SEN support within their own classrooms.
- Inspired and motivated colleagues.
- Demonstrated excellent communication with staff and parents.
- An awareness of National SEN priorities and challenges.
We encourage a visit to the school. For more details and an application pack, please contact the school office on 01235 812762 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th June 2017
Interviews: Date to be confirmed
Please email applications to the following address: email@example.com
The post will commence in September 2017.
Manor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people, that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All cases are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.